[MPlayer-users] Total Freeze of Mplayer with one movie

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Oct 4 19:34:11 CEST 2006

Uwe Dippel wrote:
>> What happens when you add "-vf scale=480:368"?
> runs perfectly well ...

I guess your xv doesn't like dimensions that aren't round numbers. The
original movie is 450x360; 450 is divisible by 2 but not 4, and 360 is
divisible by 8 but not 16. 450 is probably the culprit.

If you play a different movie with "-vf scale=450:360", it should crash.

>> Does your xine use xv output?
> yes

That's odd. Maybe xine is rescaling slightly or using a different
colorspace or something. I can only guess.

>> ...also, I just looked at your original post. When you installed your
>> nvidia drivers, did you use (or have you ever used) the generic
>> installer from nVidia's website? That can cause problems; use the Debian
>> packages instead.
> generic. Also here, what would be the difference between both ? The
> kernel-blob is the same; in the end !

The problem is that Debian doesn't know you've run the nvidia installer.
Sometimes, "apt-get upgrade" will overwrite the nvidia-specific
libraries with its own versions. This mixup can cause strange problems
with opengl. I don't know if it's causing your problem, but I would fix
that first.

By the way, your messages will be more readable if you put a blank line
between quoted text and your reply.

-Corey