[MPlayer-users] Re: DVDNAV questions

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:37:49 CEST 2006

> One thing to remember is to always run dvdnav:// with -nocache;

Good to know. Is there a way I can put this in the config to run with
only dvd's? I like to use cache because I play videos files off of
dvd's all the time, and it helps with pausing for a couple of minutes
and starting again because I don't have to wait for the drive to spin
up.

> moreover  run these commands, please:
>
> ls libmpdvdkit2/*.[ao]

No files where found using that command but here is the output for ls
-a1 libmpdvdkit2/*

jbhansen at therapist:~/mplayer$ ls -a1 libmpdvdkit2/*
libmpdvdkit2/FILES
libmpdvdkit2/Makefile
libmpdvdkit2/bsdi_dvd.h
libmpdvdkit2/bsdi_ioctl.c
libmpdvdkit2/bswap.h
libmpdvdkit2/common.h
libmpdvdkit2/config.h
libmpdvdkit2/css.c
libmpdvdkit2/css.h
libmpdvdkit2/csstables.h
libmpdvdkit2/device.c
libmpdvdkit2/device.h
libmpdvdkit2/dvd_input.c
libmpdvdkit2/dvd_input.h
libmpdvdkit2/dvd_reader.c
libmpdvdkit2/dvd_reader.h
libmpdvdkit2/dvd_udf.c
libmpdvdkit2/dvd_udf.h
libmpdvdkit2/dvdread_internal.h
libmpdvdkit2/error.c
libmpdvdkit2/ifo_print.c
libmpdvdkit2/ifo_print.h
libmpdvdkit2/ifo_read.c
libmpdvdkit2/ifo_read.h
libmpdvdkit2/ifo_types.h
libmpdvdkit2/ioctl.c
libmpdvdkit2/ioctl.h
libmpdvdkit2/libdvdcss.c
libmpdvdkit2/libdvdcss.h
libmpdvdkit2/libdvdcss_changes.diff
libmpdvdkit2/libdvdread_changes.diff
libmpdvdkit2/md5.c
libmpdvdkit2/md5.h
libmpdvdkit2/nav_print.c
libmpdvdkit2/nav_print.h
libmpdvdkit2/nav_read.c
libmpdvdkit2/nav_read.h
libmpdvdkit2/nav_types.h

libmpdvdkit2/dvdcss:
./
../
.svn/
dvdcss.h

> ldd -d mplayer  |grep dvd

jbhansen at therapist:~$ ldd -d /usr/local/bin/mplayer | grep dvd
        libdvdnav.so.4 => /usr/local/lib/libdvdnav.so.4 (0xb79ea000)

I had to add the full path to mplayer.

Now I am not sure what the [ao] means (shed a little light if you
could) but I am assuming I am missing some component needed. If so did
my svn screw up or was it something I did?

Thanks for all your help
Jeremy