[MPlayer-users] Chicken Little DVD not starting movie with dvd://1

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Nov 29 23:25:20 CET 2006

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 09:18:47AM -0800, Corey Hickey wrote:
>>> Use lsdvd then grep the output for the largest title, then throw that
>>> title in as an arguement to mplayer.
>> $ mplayer dvd://
>>
>> plays the longest title automatically.
>
> Really? I wasn't aware this was changed...

Now I'm second-guessing myself. I thought dvd:// played the longest
title. It had seemed that way to me, and there are a couple other pages
that say so.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_MPlayer
http://slax.linux-live.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37861
(search for "longest title")

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with a patch that was never applied:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2004-August/
(search for "longest track")

-Corey