[MPlayer-users] Video Out -- Xv crashes a compile

Robert Tilley tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com
Fri Nov 24 18:32:01 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 November 2006 20:36, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
> This is a limitation with the x11 driver. You can use scale to force
> it to stretch, but it you do mplayer -vo help it will tell you all the
> video out drivers you can use, most likely including xv. So all you
> should need to do is mplayer -vo xv filename
>
> Jeremy

Issuing 'mplayer -vo help' produces the following list of drivers.

Available video output drivers:
        x11     X11 ( XImage/Shm )
        xover   General X11 driver for overlay capable video output drivers
        gl      X11 (OpenGL)
        gl2     X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
        fbdev   Framebuffer Device
        fbdev2  Framebuffer Device
        xvidix  X11 (VIDIX)
        cvidix  console VIDIX
        null    Null video output
        mpegpes Mpeg-PES to DVB card
        yuv4mpeg        yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
        png     PNG file
        jpeg    JPEG file
        tga     Targa output
        pnm     PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
        md5sum  md5sum of each frame

I believe that mplayer must be compiled with --enable-xv.  This refers me back
to my previous problems with extension files not being find by the make file.

I'm truly clueless here,

Bob

--
The honeymoon is not actually over until we cease to stifle our sighs
and begin to stifle our yawns.