[MPlayer-users] Apple trailers and dumpstream

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Nov 24 14:25:06 CET 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:21:47 +0100
"Heine Laursen" <zannvip at gmail.com> wrote:

> So now I do mplayer -v http://some_trailer.mov
> To get the actual url to the trailer
> mplayer -dumpstream http://currect_some_trailer.mov
> To download the movie trailer
> mplayer stream.dump
> to play the trailer

Use -dumpstream, and when you try to play "stream.dump" it will say
"File not found:" followed by the filename of the movie.  IMHO, it is
somewhat easier to script that way.

> Is there some shortcut to do this with mplayer, or am I forced to
> Manuely find the actually url to a movie trailer from apple trailers.

Use mplayerplug-in.

> I have tryed to with mplayer -dumpstream -playlist
> That gives an warring with empty play list

To find the link, MPlayer has to demux the file.  With -dumpstream, no
demuxing is done...  There's no easy way around it.