[MPlayer-users] Adding frame count to time stamps in OSD

Christian Aistleitner k7y4br at gmx.net
Wed Nov 22 18:13:38 CET 2006

Hello,

when creating edls using mplayer, I found it quite hard to get to the
exact frame, where to cut. You pause some frames before the cut and step
to the next frame again and again until you went one frame too far. As I
found no way of stepping back one frame, I added a frame counter to the
timestamp output of the OSD. Thereby, you know which frame to stop at,
when trying to get to the previous frame for cutting.

You can turn on frame numbers by passing "-osd-show-frame" option to
mplayer.

Kind regards,
Christian