[MPlayer-users] mpg123: Can't rewind stream

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Nov 22 02:40:16 CET 2006

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> On Wednesday, 22 November 2006 at 01:48, The Wanderer wrote:

>> Third-party packages are generally not supported on these mailing
>> lists; non-development versions are also often not supported,
>> although rc1 is recent enough that it's a bit less likely to be
>> rejected out of hand.
>
> Check your facts. Greysector is my repository and the packages are
> supported.

Oops. I did remember that you run an RPM repository, I just didn't think
that that name sounded familiar. My bad.

>> Try one of the other codecs listed by 'mplayer -ac help' as
>> supportimg MP3. ffmp3 is fairly good, and where it fails I've had
>> success with libmad. If ffmp3 does the job, then it'd probably be
>> safe to put '-afm ffmpeg,' in your config file and consider the
>> matter done with.
>>
>> That doesn't address the question of why it actually happens, of
>> course, but it should be a way to avoid the problem.
>
> It's a known problem already fixed in SVN. It will be fixed in the
> official packages, too.

...huh. The last time I saw this kind of problem, IIRC it was simply
weaknesses in mp3lib, and no in-MPlayer fixes were possible...

Well, if I had to be wrong, at least it was about there actually being a
problem. <grin>

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.