[MPlayer-users] mplayer can't play correctly while realplay plays fine

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 00:51:44 CET 2006

Hi,

I found that mplayer can't play correctly a specific movie release group's
real media files. It plays OK initially, but after the release group's
leading video, mplayer can't handle the video any more. Only the audio is
playing fine. Skipping won't work either.

Previously I thought it was the release group's fault, but this time when I
encounter with another bunch from this release group, I still can't play any
of them. So I installed RealPlayer10GOLD, and every file plays fine. So,

I've just uploaded to ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/
a file named test.realplay-ok.rmvb (2M)

Hope mplayer/mencoder can overcome the glitches caused by this release group.

thanks

PS. Please let me know if you need bigger files.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/