Re4: [MPlayer-users] Problems compiling on macbook

Alexander Wehr plasmacutter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 16:42:45 CET 2006

> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:54:14 -0800
> From: RC <rcooley at spamcop.net>
> Subject: Re: Re2: [MPlayer-users] Problems compiling on macbook
> To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests,	bug reports"
> 	<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
>
> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 14:22:16 -0500
> Alexander Wehr <plasmacutter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What that means is no mp3 support... (and yes, I tried it out after
>> making it with mp3lib disabled)
>
> mad?
> ffmp3?

Well.. the xvid i played was a fansub from one of the main groups..

Granted it's a legal grey area, but it is one of my major sources for
vids, and this group tends to stick to standards..

Mplayer didn't like it.. .. apparently libmp3 is just superior in
it's flexibility.

I suppose i'm stuck with VLC until this gets sorted.

I hope the devs fix it soon though, I like using mplayer's denoise
filters for h.264 streams.. since normal post processing doesn't work
with the new codec..