[MPlayer-users] Stepping frame by frame

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Nov 15 01:04:15 CET 2006

Pepe wrote:
> When I use the "." key to step forward frame by frame, then when I press
> another key to go back to playback, the video accelerates a lot, just like it
> wanted to go inmediately to the place it should be playing if I didn't pause
> the video.
>
> Isn't this a bug?
>
> I'm using MPlayer 1.0rc1-3.3.4 but this happened with all previous versions I
> used before.

I've never seen this before. My gut response is that it might have
something to do with your audio driver. Does it happen when you add '-ao
null'?

If the problem doesn't manifest with '-ao null, then try other audio
outputs your machine might support. You didn't say what operating system
you're using, but ones that might work under Linux are:
-ao alsa
-ao oss
-ao sdl
-ao esd
-ao arts

If you don't have any luck there, then you'd better read the bug
reporting guidelines in the MPlayer documentation and submit a full bug
report.

-Corey