[MPlayer-users] MPlayer -embeddedfonts option with ASS/SSA subtitles

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 10:15:50 CET 2006

I have noticed many many times users thinking that when you use ASS/SSA
subs in mplayer they are always "unix-y" which I am betting they mean
they are just using -ass for mkv embedded subtitles. I am wondering,
why is there even an -enbeddedfonts option? It seems to me you would
always want to use the embedded fonts if you are reading the subtitles
from the mkv file. Shouldn't this be linked so that by default
-embeddedfonts is on if you use -ass and the file is an mkv?

Ergzay