[MPlayer-users] harizontal limit with scale=2004:768

Morris Beverly morrisb at avpresentations.com
Tue Nov 7 16:05:04 CET 2006

There seems to be a limit on the width a video can be scaled to at 2004
pixels (vo scale=2004:768).  At a width of 2005 or higher, mencoder will
exit after encoding the frames, but doesn't seem to finish writing the
header.  Any size up to and including 2004 works perfectly.

This is true (in my experience) with either enlarging or reducing and
also when either re-encoding a mov file or encoding a sequence of
images.  The files scaled larger than 2004 (I'm looking for 2048 or
there abouts) are playable, but have white lines on the right side that
seem to start at about 2004 pixels.

I'm using the SVN version I checked out and compiled yesterday.  The
same thing was happening with the pre8 version I was using before on
this machine (Mandriva 2007 64bit, AMD X2 4600.  My desktop is 2048x768,
across two 1024x768 monitors using nvidia drivers.).

Is this hardwired in for some reason, or can it be changed to allow
larger scaling widths?  Or, of course, am I simply using it wrong?

thanks,

morris