[MPlayer-users] quicktime RLE encoding

Morris Beverly morrisb at avpresentations.com
Sun Nov 5 23:51:02 CET 2006

>>I haven't had as much luck with other lossless codecs used from
>>mencoder/mplayer such as ljpeg and ffvhuff.  Any suggestion
>>appreciated.
>>

>I would certainly expect one of them to work, whether your problem is
>CPU or I/O.

Is there any limit to the size of the -cache setting, other than system
memory?  Maybe this will help, because the ffvhuff codec plays back fine
after the file has been played through completely once.  Unfortunately I
can't depend on being able to play it all the way through once before
the actual use.

thanks,

morris