[MPlayer-users] Xmplayer - A XMMS replacement in bash

Alex Waterman imnotlistening at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 03:14:36 CET 2006

Hello,

This seems like an interesting script, but it does not appear to work; I am
running FC 6 x86_64. My problem occurs when the script goes looking for the
mplayer pid file; For some reason it is not there (~/.xmplayer/mplayer.pid).
How do you start the background mplayer? Also, I have mplayer installed in
/usr/local/bin, not /usr/bin. I pointed the MPLAYER_PATH env var to
/usr/local/mplayer-svn which is where I keep the mplayer svn checkout. Also,
I have xmplayer version 0.0.2

Cheers

--
Alex Waterman
imnotlistening at gmail.com
Alex.Waterman.07 at gmail.com
Support or create OpenSource

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the
word 'tics', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.