[MPlayer-users] Question about syncing a/v during playback ofVDR recordings.

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 18:26:12 CET 2006

> are you using a FF card (hw mpeg decoder) or some other form of software
> plugin?
> or a dxr-something?

FF card, yes.  Nexus-S.

> nothing particular: the pes packetization is as standard as you can get,
> except that IIRC there's a timestamp on every single frame,
> rather than once every 0.5-0.7 seconds; this fact alone can make a
> lot of difference during playback.
> Does the desync that you are experiencing get worse with time or does
> it regularly decrease and next increase?

I think it does get slightly worse over time.  It definately never corrects
itself or gets better though.  The desyncing tends to happen (though not
always) when the video fades to black or you use the skip ahead function.
Skip moves forward/backward 60 seconds at a time rather than
fastforward/rewind which just multiplies the playback speed.  One way to
correct the desync is to play at normal speed and briefly rewind the video.
Results vary though as this doesn't always work.

I'll pass along the part about the timestamp you mentioned.  So does mplayer
use that IIRC timestamp then?

I appreciate your response and hopefully answered your questions
sufficiently.  I will try to provide any info I can that will help.

Many thanks!