[MPlayer-users] java control of mplayer

Morris Beverly morrisb at avpresentations.com
Wed Nov 1 15:13:51 CET 2006

I spent the better part of last week whining about how I couldn't get
mplayer to work with shell scripts and the -slave option, so I decided
to just do it in java.

http://www.avpresentations.com/code/java_mplayer_control_example.txt
*****  This requires java 1.5!!  for earlier versions, use the
runtime.exec() system rather than process builder

This is a simple example that creates stdin & stdout connections and
reads/writes to mplayer with them.  Also included is a somewhat cheesy,
but effective, first try at getting a particular section to loop
repeatedly.  As I get some useful code done, I'll post more links.

hth,

morris

--

Morris Beverly