[MPlayer-users] Problem playing DTS Audio CD

Barak Zalstein barak.zalstein at gmail.com
Sun May 28 00:41:55 CEST 2006

> You need cdparanoia (and -dev headers, of course) installed before
> compiling MPlayer, for cdda support.

Ok, found a package called libcdparanoia0-dev for headers, now mplayer is
compiled with cdda support,

Playback of audio CD sound pause every few seconds (as well as percentage
increment on screen). I activated hdparm just before mplayer to make sure
DMA is on. When using XMMS, I have to configure libcdaudio.so to use digital
audio extraction or else there is no sound while playing CD (but same CD
doesn't pause).
Using cdda option to play a DTS cd misrecognizes the cd to be normal audio
CD and mplayer playback is white noise (unlike the wav which was ripped
using k3b which is recognized as DTS).

Barak