[MPlayer-users] mplayer install interferes with RealPlayer10?

Philip Walden pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net
Fri May 26 23:50:22 CEST 2006

I am setting up a Fedora FC4 laptop.

I installed the RealPlayer 10.0.4.750 and confirmed it worked.

I then installed mplayer CVS-060526 and then added the mplayerplug-in
from the Firefox plugin site.

mplayer and its plugin worked well and I see that it handles most of the
realplayer media.

However, when I went back to run RealPlayer in native mode, I could get
sound but no video.

I rebooted and RealPlayer worked again, showing sound and video. I then
ran mplayer in native mode, it worked, but then RealPlayer stopped
showing video again.

Are there any conflicting files or settings that prevent these two
applications from working with each other?

Philip