[MPlayer-users] xvidix and MPlayer plugin

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Sat May 20 09:38:00 CEST 2006

Hello,

My MPlayer (pre7) works well with the xvidix output WITHOUT root
privileges through the svgalib_helper kernel module.

Now, I would like to make it work in the MPlayer plugin and use this
output when I play a video inside Firefox. I have done the following:

echo -e "\nvo=xvidix\nao=oss\n" >> /etc/mplayerplug-in.conf. Xvidix
appears as the video output in the configure panel. Nevertheless, though
the movie is downloaded, it is NEVER played.

Any idea?

Grégoire