[MPlayer-users] OT: Reply-To munging (was: QuickTime7.1 on MacOS 10.3.9: build only with --disable-macosx)

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Thu May 18 11:13:57 CEST 2006

* The Wanderer on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 19:29:45 -0400:
> (I've left you in the reply list because the only valid reason for
> adding yourself to the Reply-To header is if you aren't subscribed to
> the mailing list; I've added the mailing list itself to the Reply-To
> header because otherwise the odds are that you would just hit Reply and
> send whatever response you made directly to me, which is not in either
> of our interests.)

Only that you see that opinions are at least controversial and
that I didn't act out of thoughtlessness, and it's debatable
whether the mailiing list software configuration or me is to
blame:

<http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html>
<http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html>

<ironic/>
No wonder that if the mailing list software treats one like an
idiot, one starts to act like an idiot.
</>

But I'm ok with complying to the local customs ;-)

_B A U S T E L L E N_ lesen!  --->> <http://www.blacktrash.org/baustellen.html>