[MPlayer-users] occasional jitters

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed May 17 13:55:45 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 11:08:17PM -0700, spot at draves.org wrote:
> "-cache" has no effect.  anyone else?

Try a really large value for it, maybe about 1/3 of the RAM you have.
Also try -nocache.
Try other -vo (see -vo help). I think you said it has nosound right?
Otherwise try -nosound.
For -vo, since you have the binary drivers, also try -vo gl and -vo
gl:swapinterval=0. You need a version no older than a few months for
that though (if you downloaded the CVS rpms and not the release ones it
should be fine).

> maybe i will have to compile it.  as i understand it the
> head of cvs now supports gcc4 so i should be able to just
> follow the cvs instructions on the mplayerhq web page right?

Yes, should work.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger

P.S.: Please do not top-post, interleave your answers with the
corresponding questions and delete the unneeded parts of previous mails.