[MPlayer-users] Trouble playing HD Windows Media

Jeff Clagg snacky at ikaruga.co.uk
Tue May 16 20:42:21 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 01:03:36PM -0500, Jeff Cook wrote:

> Also, I'm a developer and I've always wanted to get more into projects
> like mplayer, but I don't know enough about programming video or
> whatever to do much of anything. Is there a good resource I can go to to
> get the foundation I'd need to be valuable to mplayer? I'll try to hunt
> down and subscribe to a dev list soon.

It really depends on what angle interests you, but here are the types of
things that interest me:

http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Category:Compression_Theory
(Work In Progress)

http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ISSUES/what_is_ATSC.html
Personally I'm not too interested in the top part; I go straight to
where it says: "The remainder of this page is nonessential reading. You should skip [...]". Depends on what you're interested in.

wiki.multimedia.cx is also collecting a pretty decent amount of specs,
guides, etc.