[MPlayer-users] convert/merge RealTime (.rt) subtitles

EC zybhjk at verizon.net
Mon May 15 22:35:23 CEST 2006

wim delvaux <wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com> | Mon, 15 May 2006
18:26:46 +0200

> Thanx for the suggestions but It does not -seem- to work
>
> I get the following output
>
> Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0 : No such file or directory
> Can't init input joystick
> Setting up LIRC support...
> mplayer: could not connect to socket
> mplayer: No such file or directory
> Failed to open LIRC support.
> You will not be able to use your remote control.
> Playing WarGames.avi.
> VobSub: Can't open IFO file
> No matching VOBSUB language found!
> AVI file format detected.
> AVI_NI: No audio stream found -> no sound.
> VIDEO:  [DX50]  720x544  24bpp  23.976 fps  759.3 kbps (92.7 kbyte/s)
> Clip info:
>  Software: VirtualDubMod 1.5.4.1 (build 2178/release)
> SUB: Detected subtitle file format: subviewer
> SUB: Read 1226 subtitles.
> SUB: added subtitle file (1): ./WarGames.srt
> SUB: Could not determine file format
> Cannot load subtitles: ./WarGames.sub
> Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
> Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
> Audio: no sound
> Starting playback...
> VDec: vo config request - 720 x 544 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
> VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
> Movie-Aspect is 1.32:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
> VO: [null] 720x544 => 720x544 Planar YV12
>
> Thecommand I use is
>
> mplayer -vobsub WarGames -dumpmpsub WarGames.avi -benchmark -nosound
> -vo null

Oh, sorry.  I didn't read your original post carefully enough.  Vobsub
is a bitmap-based format - not text.  I am not sure how to do what you
are trying to do with these.  Although, I have found that there are not
very many linux tools; you'd probably have better luck looking into
using windows-based subtitle editors under wine.  Maybe one of the many
programs listed here: http://www.doom9.org/software.htm can help you.