[MPlayer-users] Fatal Error Signal 11 and other issues

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon May 15 15:31:16 CEST 2006

On Monday, 15 May 2006 at 07:46, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
> First off I gotta say I love Mplayer even with having these issues.
>
> OK the first one is kinda big and I haven't figured it out. Whenever I play
> video files, once the video has finished I alot of times get a fatal error
> box stating:
>
> "Mplayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: unknown"
>
> If this doesn't happen when the video is finished then if I go to select a
> new source it will come up there.

See bugreports.html in the docs. We need gdb trace from a debug build of
MPlayer.

> Another issue I am having is with certain quicktime videos. For example: I
> downloaded the HQ Halo 3 trailer from bungies website, and had no issues
> playing it at first, but now the video is serverly lagging behind the audio.
> (This one uses FFH264 from ffmpeg). (Downloaded from this
> <http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=Halo3Announcement> page here
> <http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/b/3/5b3d8532-65bc-4bf6-b5ea-6ba0f2084d74/h3_e32006_announce_large.mov>
> is the direct link.)

No problems whatsoever with this one on my system and MPlayer-CVS-20060514.
Nice trailer, by the way.

> There is another quicktime video from halogrid and this
> video's audio is all messed up. Seems like it is grabbing the audio track
> from two places and playing it at once. It is using the FFSVQ3 codec.
> (Here<http://www.halogrid.com/download/10ways.html>is the page,
> here <http://files4.bungie.org/10waysHQ.mov> is the direct link)

Indeed, sound is broken in this one. Does any other player play it correctly?

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/