[MPlayer-users] Fatal Error Signal 11 and other issues

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Mon May 15 07:46:59 CEST 2006

First off I gotta say I love Mplayer even with having these issues.

OK the first one is kinda big and I haven't figured it out. Whenever I play
video files, once the video has finished I alot of times get a fatal error
box stating:

"Mplayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: unknown"

If this doesn't happen when the video is finished then if I go to select a
new source it will come up there.

Another issue I am having is with certain quicktime videos. For example: I
downloaded the HQ Halo 3 trailer from bungies website, and had no issues
playing it at first, but now the video is serverly lagging behind the audio.
(This one uses FFH264 from ffmpeg). (Downloaded from
this<http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=Halo3Announcement>page
here<http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/b/3/5b3d8532-65bc-4bf6-b5ea-6ba0f2084d74/h3_e32006_announce_large.mov>is
the direct link.) There is another quicktime video from halogrid and
this
video's audio is all messed up. Seems like it is grabbing the audio track
from two places and playing it at once. It is using the FFSVQ3 codec.
(Here<http://www.halogrid.com/download/10ways.html>is the page,
here <http://files4.bungie.org/10waysHQ.mov> is the direct link)

Now for the fun part. I am not positive what all info you guys need to help
with my problem, but I will do the best I can. I have tried both the latest
download on your page, and also the latest cvs (getting both mplayer and
ffmpeg and merging the correct libav's into the main folder) I have
downloaded the all-20060501 codecs pack and have them sitting in
/usr/local/lib/codecs (Mplayer did detect everything that I had in the
configure). make and make install had no errors and other than the above the
player works great (it took some digging so it wouldn't stretch my vids in
fullscreen on my widescreen notebook).

Slackware 10.2
Centrino 1.6GHz
512MB DDR
12.1" 1280x800 LCD Display
Used both MPlayer v1.0pre7try2 source and the CVS from 2006-05-14
Only setup with all-codecs

If you need any more info please let me know I would love to get this fixed.
Jeremy