[MPlayer-users] cvs build problem

Antonio tritemio at gmail.com
Sat May 13 20:54:39 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 5/13/06, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
> Sebastian Krämer wrote:
>
> > The Wanderer wrote:

> >> This seems very implausible to me, given that the failure message
> >> complained about errors on lines 1453 and 1455 of help_mp.h but the
> >> Italian version of that file is only 1435 lines long. In order for
> >> this to be the problem, something would have to be giving gcc an
> >> incorrect idea of the line number of the header file; this is not
> >> uncommon in my experience when using #ifdef, but that by its nature
> >> *reduces* the apparent line number rather than increasing it. Is
> >> there anything else which might produce this type of effect?

I don't know. On a clean cvs tree if I configure with --language=en I
don't have any error in the make, If I use --language=it I get the
error. But once I got the error, even If I do "make clean" and redo
the configure with --language=en I always get the error. So it seems
related to something that happens when:

iconv -f `cat help/help_mp-it.h.charset` -t UTF-8 "help/help_mp-it.h"
>> help_mp.h
Adding untranslated messages to help_mp.h

is displayed. And this string (the second row) is displayed only the
first time I configure a clean cvs tree with --language=it. If I
configure  the first time with --language=en and the with
--language=it  it's not displayed and there is no error during the
make.

Hope this helps.

[cut]
> > I had compiling issues once because of some unicode-brokenness on my
> > system. Using --charset=ISO-8859-1 configure option fixed that.
> > Antonio, you might try this (or something similar for you charset)
> > and see it that helps.
>
> There is a faint possibility that this might indeed help.

Nope. Tried and the error appears anyway (I've configured a clean cvs
tree with language=it --charset=ISO-8859-1).

Sorry if I wasn't not very clear in this mail but I'm in  rush right now.

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio