[MPlayer-users] dcs-5300G dlink camera placed on net.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat May 13 01:16:55 CEST 2006

Jerry Geis wrote:

> I am trying to get mplayer to view the dcs-5300G camera. Supposed to
> be mpeg4 camera.
>
> I have put the dcs-5300g on the net at the following:
>
> mplayer -v -user view -passwd viewpw
> http://24.123.23.171/cgi-bin/video.vam
>
> However, I never get a picture from mplayer. just fills cache...
>
> how can I get mplayer to play this video stream.

Please post, at a bare minimum, the *entire* output of MPlayer in
response to this command - up to the point at which you kill it.

I'll note for the record that I do in fact get a possibly similar
failure, and that if I add -dumpstream MPlayer appears incapable of
playing the resulting file. (Interestingly, the text output of the first
session (without -dumpstream) is *not* the same as the output of the
second (with -dumpstream) - perhaps some user/password setting was
cached, either locally or on the server end?)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.