[MPlayer-users] Re: [POOL] Moderate some users (was: Re: [-] Re: divx 6)

Matthias Wieser mwieser at gmx.de
Thu May 11 00:56:20 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2006 20:05 schrieb Rich Felker:
> On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 03:32:03PM +0200, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> > But look what I have written one week ago:
> > "But why do topics about the quality of a video codec so often result
> > in flame wars? Maybe it is because quality is a subjective, fuzzy
> > measurement." Seems to be very true, even in the "Moderate some users"
> > thread you start your postings with insults.
>
> Irrelevant. The problem is that you have NO technical knowledge about
> codecs, nor the intelligence to realize that you have no knowledge and
> that this makes it impossible for you to discuss these issues.

People talking about the intelligence of others often lack the intelligence
to think about themselves.

> > I have uploaded the videos so you can do your own subjective video
> > quality tests and try to prove that gmc made the quality worse (despite
> > of the psnr increase). You can find the videos here (available 10 days
> > from now): http://service.gmx.net/mc/jFLZHaDQO6qFlpCxP4XDPJw5WOTrwX
> > password: felker
>
> I said ftp or http, not some nonsense rapidshare-like thing that
> requires a gui browser, cookies, etc.

OK, I should have known that you would bring a lame excuse why you are
unable to compare the quality of the videos.

> I don't have time to waste on anything I can't wget.

You can't wget "GMC", too, but it seems you have nearly endless time to
flame about it.

> Also I am not interested in videos I have to encode to compare.

What are you speaking about?
Some days ago I have written: "I took a random video (with much panning) and
surprise, surprise, GMC improved psnr nearly 0.1 dB. If you want to use a
better metric or doubleblind viewing tests, I can send you the original
video and both encoded versions. Where should I send them?"
I have uploaded them to
http://service.gmx.net/mc/jFLZHaDQO6qFlpCxP4XDPJw5WOTrwX, you can do
whatever you want, but you don't have to encode anything. Get some sleep.