[MPlayer-users] Re: Adding subtitles to .mpg for DVD

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Wed May 10 19:30:31 CEST 2006

Reshat Sabiq <sabiq <at> csociety.org> writes:

> I didn't pay attention to some warnings before.
> Now i addressed:
> echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq
> I'd appreciate any feedback on these too:
> File not found: 'frameno.avi'
> Failed to open frameno.avi
> /usr/share/mplayer/font/arialuni.ttf doesn't look like a
> font description, ignoring.
> Cannot load font: /usr/share/mplayer/font/arialuni.ttf

After all is said and done, here are the results:
1. mencoder-produced file crashes ImageMixer when trying to open it for editing,
but it can be played, and included in the movie timeline, and burnt onto DVD.
2. despite the error above, i find that i have to pass in arialuni.ttf for utf8.
Not sure if there are better fonts, but i like the font rendering produced by
mencoder better than what ImageMixer on Windows offers. There is more control of
font colors, positioing, and types in ImageMixer, but the fonts are rendered
onto the stream in a low-quality fashion.