[MPlayer-users] Filenames in jpeg output when combined with framestep filter

Ernesto Ferrari e.ferrari at studio.baretta.com
Tue May 9 16:02:27 CEST 2006

Hello to everyone,
I have a question about the filenames given to the jpeg images obtained
from the '-vo jpeg' video output driver.
According to the manual,

'Each file takes the frame number padded with leading zeros as name'

which is what actually happens.
But when combined with a 'framestep' filter which has been told to
output only every intra frame (keyframe), like this

'mplayer -vf framestep=I some_video.ogg -vo jpeg:outdir=/tmp'

the jpeg filenames are simply 00000001.jpg, 00000002.jpg, 00000003.jpg,
etc.. They are the actual keyframes (mplayer output on the shell tells
me that and I've checked - they are the keyframes) but their filenames
doesn't contain the frame number anymore, simply a progressive count
from 00000001 to keyframes_total.

Am I doing something wrong or is there some limit/bug somewhere when
combining framestep+vo jpeg?

Thanks in advance and keep up the excellent work with Mplayer!
Cheers,
Ernesto Ferrari

Ernesto Ferrari

Studio Baretta
http://studio.baretta.com/

Consulenza Tecnologica e Ingegneria Industriale
Technological Consulting and Industrial Engineering

tel. +39 02 98 80 271 / 02 370 111 55
fax. +39 02 370 111 54