[MPlayer-users] Re: Adding subtitles to .mpg for DVD

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Sun May 7 06:33:42 CEST 2006

RC <rcooley <at> spamcop.net> writes:

> Yes, the source audio is ac3, not MP-1/2/3, so mad won't work.
Actually, even w/ -oac lavc ... :acodec=mp2 libmad didn't appear to kick in, and
i still had the buzzing at the end.

> > > -oac lavc
>
> I really can't see why you're re-encoding audio.  lavc's ac3 encoder
> isn't very good, and you're outputting to only a slightly reduced
> audio bitrate.
Yes, i tried -aoc copy w/ no acodec and abitrate, and it had almost no buzzing
at the end.

The other option w/ -endpos appears to have produced the smoothest audio
playback at the end on Windows. However, nothing i've tried so far allowed me to
open the episode for editing in ImageMixer app: crashes on these files.

I'll try -oac copy and -endpos together, but i don't hold my breath. Anyway, i
don't have to be able to edit them after adding subtitles, i can do it
beforehand.  But it is kinda strange.