[MPlayer-users] Stupid flames

Piotr Stachura albert1 at autocom.pl
Sat May 6 22:17:00 CEST 2006

Dnia sobota, 6 maja 2006 21:54, Jan Knutar napisał:
> On Saturday 06 May 2006 22:26, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> > I haven't tried in the last 5 months or so, but more than once I have
> > preferred the results of xvid over x264 at the same bitrate.
>
> Most files with h264 I've encountered in the wild have amused me.
> Re-encoding with lavc mpeg4, vqscale=1:mbd=2:tv4mv:trell has
> sometimes given me smaller (!) file, and most often only slightly
> larger.. Can't say I noticed any artefacts... and the version transcoded
> to mpeg4 even played in realtime :)

Heh, the question is: what options did you use in x264. Big piece of options
gives 2fps encoding (Athlon64 3000+ :P) but the true is, that it's still
under development. I noticed that xvid makes video blocked, x264 blurred,
that's why xvid looks sometimes better (you can deblock but not deblur...)
--
Piotr Stachura