[MPlayer-users] Re: [POOL] Moderate some users (was: Re: [-] Re: divx 6)

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri May 5 02:21:50 CEST 2006

On Thu, 4 May 2006 21:55:23 +0200
Matthias Wieser <mwieser at gmx.de> wrote:

> Please elaborate a bit more.

Well, at the risk of possibly starting another flamefest...

For starters, I (and someone else IIRC) mentioned early in the thread
that a big part of the performance difference was because lavc was used
single-threaded, while Divx and Xvid were not, yet you continued to
ignore that, and repeat that lavc is: "several times slower than xvid or
divx" when the performance difference, at the very least, is really much
closer.

When talking about GMC, you just say "It can improve quality" without
getting into any specifics to make your point.  No mention of what type
of content it helps, how much it can help, etc.  Not conducive to a
rational discussion at all...  just a shouting match.

When Rich mentions some quality issues discussed in the doom9 thread,
your only response is "Haha! Which ones?"   Then you make some vague
challenge.

> These have been three individual responses. Please quote fully and
> correctly.

Yes they were.  Anyone who wants to read your full email can scroll-up
or visit gmane, I'm not going to quote the whole thread.

> Calmed down? :-) I have asked several times to post to my privat email
> address. BUt never got one of those flame mails. :-(

No, and you don't seem to have sent your e-mails privately to him,
either.  Pot, meet Kettle...