[MPlayer-users] Re: Realaudio streaming: garbled output

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed May 3 16:33:35 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 5/3/06, Bob Dony <rdony at uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have had this problem for some time.  I am listening to a realaudio
> stream (e.g. BBC Radio 3) using mplayer and after some time (random
> intervals it seems) the audio becomes garbled.  When I switch over to
> RealPlayer, it works fine (but the bitrate appears to drop from an initial
> 20 kbps to 11 kbps & there is the occasional "tinny" sound).  I suspect
> that there is a heavy load on the server causing a degraded stream.
>
> My particulars:
> Linux - Fedora Core 5
> mplayer: MPlayer 1.0pre7-4.0.0 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team

AFAIR, pre7 wasn't compilable with gcc4.0, so you probably are running
an exotic version of MPlayer.

Please retry with CVS version (we are trying to chase bugs down before
releasing pre8, so you may as well try it :)

Guillaume
is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.