[MPlayer-users] Help playing dts or ac3 wav files

ACS adrian.bacon at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 31 19:32:25 CEST 2006

Most files of the link you mentioned are 44.1kHz DTS.
Obvious something goes wrong in -ac hwdts mode, since mplayer opens output
in 48k mode.

I have some of those files compressed losslessly to flac format.
Just playing back to FLAC file in digital-out mode gives me DTS output.
No need to specify codec like -ac hwdts, since mplayer doesn't scan for dts
headers in the flac file, and thus doesn't switch to software dts decoding.

Adrian