[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 67

Dr. DEF shaker_doc at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 18:33:58 CEST 2006

Hi!

I've got a really strange problem when I try to record a movie from my
TV-Card.
I use a script with the following command line:
mencoder tv://$2 -tv
driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=pal:fps=25:input=0:width=640:height=480:alsa:adevice=hw.0,0:
$CHANNELS:buffersize=64 \
    -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2000:mbd=0:aspect=1.41:nr=400
-ffourcc DIVX \
    -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=160:mode=0 \
    -vf pp=md \
    -o $1 $ENDPOS

When I record a movie with the above command line the video stream looses (one
or more) frames about every half second. When I record a movie without sound
the result has no frame drops. The CPU is fast enough, because recording only
uses about 60% maximum with audio.
I can watch mencoder dropping frames, because the output when recording the
movie always stops for a short time in intervals of about half a second.

Question already asked and answered sometimes back.
do not use -oac mp3lame. it is incredibly slow.

try to use  -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate= ...... etc etc.
 you can always then change the audio from mp2 to something else later on.

DEF