[MPlayer-users] FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!

Alan Bort alanbort at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 07:39:33 CEST 2006

I encountered this problem while trying to listen to the stream at
http://neondragon.net:8000/ or http://neondragon.net:8002/ (one is mp3
@128Kbit and the other AAC+ @ 24Kbit)

I found the problem only when trying to listen to the AAC+ stream.

this is mplayers output

alan at localhost ~ $ mplayer http://neondragon.net:8002/
MPlayer dev-CVS-060217-07:46-3.3.6 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Celeron 4 Northwood; Pentium 4 EE/Xeon
Prestonia,Gallatin (Family: 15, Stepping: 4)
MMX supported but disabled
MMX2 supported but disabled
SSE supported but disabled
SSE2 supported but disabled
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions:

91 audio & 206 video codecs
Playing http://neondragon.net:8002/.
STREAM_HTTP(1), URL: http://neondragon.net:8002/
Resolving neondragon.net for AF_INET...
Connecting to server neondragon.net[83.142.229.198]: 8002...
Name   : neonDragon @neonDragon.net Radio
Genre  : Niche. Like... really small.
Website: http://radio.neondragon.net/
Public : no
Bitrate: 24kbit/s
Cache size set to 320 KBytes
Cache fill: 17.50% (57344 bytes)
AAC file format detected.
Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/9.07% (ratio: 16000->176400)
Selected audio codec: [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio)
decoder)
AO: [oss] 44100Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Video: no video
Starting playback...
FAAD: error: Unexpected channel configuration change, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Unexpected channel configuration change, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Unexpected channel configuration change, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Unexpected channel configuration change, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Unexpected channel configuration change, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Unexpected channel configuration change, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Unexpected channel configuration change, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Unexpected channel configuration change, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Unexpected channel configuration change, trying to resync!
FAAD: error: Unexpected channel configuration change, trying to resync!
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Unexpected channel configuration change

and it continues like that on and on.

I think I narrowed the problem to this two lines:
Bitrate: 24kbit/s
FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!

is there a way to solve this? to work arround this?

I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks in advance

Alan Bort.-