[MPlayer-users] Re: failed to compile mplayer(cvs) with xvid

yong y0ngc at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 21:55:07 CET 2006

> I don't see anything wrong from here. I would suggest trimming down your
> command lines some -- remove all the unnecessary options you can and see
> if the problem goes away. If it does, try selectively adding and
> removing options until you come upon the one(s) that cause trouble.

After some quick test, i found out the vrc_strategy=1 doesnt like the qprd and
adaptive quantization(*_masking options), if i add these options to cli with
vrc_strategy=1, the 2nd pass encoded video bitrate will increase alot depending
on  resolution.

I didnt test the xvid rc much, but i certainly sure it works :)

> Eventually, when you figure it out, we may need access to your source
> file, or at least enough of it to reproduce the problem. Use dd to trim
> it down to the smallest portion you can reproduce the problem with, and
> upload the small file to ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming
its happen to all of my mpeg1 video clips...

> Oh yeah, also: make sure you have current libavcodec CVS. There was a
> bug with B-frames and xvid rc that I reported and Michael fixed already.
> If that's the case, ignore the preceding paragraphs.

im using the current libavcodec cvs.

> Thanks for testing my patch. I'll submit it for review to ffmpeg-devel
> later today, when I have time.
>
> -Corey
You're welcome.