[MPlayer-users] DUplicate frames ... or how to get rid of them

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Mar 22 07:26:21 CET 2006

wim delvaux wrote:

> I have read (but not understood) the docs ;-(
>
> I have scanned the archive and noticed that I should worry. However
> the archive shows for NTSC and other image format so I wonder If
> someone with understanding of it all could help me with proper
> options.

I don't know enough to directly address this, but I noticed two things
immediately, one of which could be causing you problems in other areas.

> $ mencoder tv:// -idx -tv driver=v4l2:width=768:height=576:freq=519.25:normid=0:amode=1 -endpos 60 -info name=test -of avi -o test.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1200 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=64 -vf crop=720:544:24:16,pp=lb
> MEncoder dev-CVS--3.3.5 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team

The fact that the date is not listed in this version number (it would go
between the two consecutive hyphens) means that whoever packaged it
ignored our packaging guidelines; it also means that this copy of
MPlayer is officially not supported here. You may be able to get some
help despite that, however.

> CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Celeron 4 Northwood; Pentium 4 EE/Xeon Prestonia,Gallatin (Family: 15, Stepping: 7)
> Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
> MMX2 supported but disabled
> SSE2 supported but disabled
> CPUflags: Type: 15 MMX: 1 MMX2: 0 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX SSE
>
> This codecs.conf is too old and incompatible with this MPlayer release! at line 6

This line is somewhat alarming. codecs.conf is *not* supposed to exist
outside of the MPlayer source tree anymore; the only exceptions are to
override certain settings without having to recompile, which is
generally not useful except to developers who *really* know what they're
doing (and not often even to them, AFAICT). Unless this message
indicates enough of an error that the file is being ignored, you are
probably encountering other problems elsewhere which could be alleviated
by deleting the codecs.conf file.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.