[MPlayer-users] Cannot View Title on DVD+RW

alupu at verizon.net alupu at verizon.net
Wed Mar 22 01:59:51 CET 2006

alupu writes
>> MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.3 with essential-20050412
>> *** Zero check failed in ifo_read.c:315

TEcHNO writes
> 1. Use latest CVS.

Thank you for the recommendations.

I compiled my MPlayer from whatever "stable" (i.e. non CVS) sources were available circa Nov. 25, 2005.
Other than the subject problem, MPlayer has done well by me so far.
I'm therefore not too enthusiastic about an update (if it ain't broke ...) what with the potential of messing up my current configuration and all unless I stand a reasonable chance of eliminating the inconvenience without side effects,
so these two follow-up questions:
1. Is "Use latest CVS" simply a routine advice, like "make sure you have the very latest release BEFORE complaining", or
2. from your knowledge of recent developments it sounds like there's a good possibility my problem and/or the "Zero check failed in ..." issue have been recognized and addressed in the recent fixes?

BTW, In my original post I forgot to mention a couple of things:
A. Verbatim, 1X-4X, recorded in EP (4 hrs.)
B. I did try -sb and -ss in an (futile) attempt to skip past the freeze.