[MPlayer-users] Re: failed to compile mplayer(cvs) with xvid

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Mar 21 21:03:07 CET 2006

On Tue, March 21, 2006 10:48, yong wrote:

>> > but mencoder tell me when 2nd pass:
>> > ff_tempfile: Cannot open temporary file

That comes from my patch; probably it's still buggy. I'll work on that
later, when I have time. Maybe I'll even get mingw set up again and
test it myself. I'm not really familiar enough with this stuff to
write something that works the first time, so you'll have to bear with
me.

>> > Can't create temporary pass2 file.
>>
>> Retry without " -passlogfile "xcidrc.txt" "
> tried, but doesnt help, mencoder output a log file called
> "dicx2pass.log",
> still getting same error at 2nd pass as previous post.
>
> I think there must be something wrong with the vrc_strategy=1,
> i tried to comapare xvid rc and lavc rc 1st pass logfile, they are
> bit-
> identical...

Yes; for now, at least, vrc_strategy=1 is ignored for the first pass.
I would have documented that, but I might be able to convince Michael
to make a first-pass xvid rc handle frametype decisions; I don't know
if that's feasable, though, and I wanted to get the rest of it working
smoothely first.

-Corey