[MPlayer-users] Bug 1 of 2: MKV fast forward doesn't work correctly - Mac OS X 10.3.9

|TEcHNO| techno at punkt.pl
Tue Mar 21 10:06:50 CET 2006

> When I play mkv files (for extra info these are using h264 and ogg
> vorbis usually) and I try to fast forward it doesn't go forward 10
> seconds or 1 minute as the appropriate keys should. It jumps forward
> much further than this. It seems to be exponential to some degree
> because when I am near the end of the file the amounts are much larger
> and usually just jumps to the end of the file.
This coudl be coused by the file encoding. The man says somewhere, the
the jump is to the keyframe, nearest of the time wanted, so your files
can be encoded with a small number of keyframes. Guess if you feel it's
not the case, post some more info.

--
pozdrawiam     |"Help me master, I felt the burning twilight behind
techno at punkt.pl|those gates of stell..." --Perihelion, Prophecy Sequence