[MPlayer-users] Computer Freezes when watching Streaming RealVideo

Robert Kennedy amtor at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:47:49 CET 2006

I am running Linux with the 2.6.15.2 kernel.  I unstalled mplayer 1.0pre7
and the mplayer plugin v3.21.  I have also installed the qt, WM and Real
codecs.

I can watch streaming wmv and QT video with Firefox 1.5.  But when I try to
watch streaming RealVideo (from a site like www.cbc.ca), I see the first
second of video and then it cuts off and stops.   Sometimes when I try to
watch streaming RealVideo, the system just freezes.

I can hear RealAudio streams okay.  The problem is with RealVideo streams.

I am not sure whether this is a plugin problem or a mplayer problem.

Does anyone know what the problem is?  What is the fix?

Rob