[MPlayer-users] Can't watch Streaming QT or WM9 video in Firefox

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Mar 19 18:17:22 CET 2006

On Sunday, 19 March 2006 at 16:01, Robert Kennedy wrote:
> I am trying to get mplayer to play streaming QT and WM9 vidoes within
> firefox.  I have installed the codecs, mplayer 10 pre7 and the firefox
> mplayer plugin.
>
> I configured the plugin so that WMV and QT is emabled.  I deleted
> $HOME/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat  and restarted firefox.
>
> But when I do a "about:plugins" in firefox, I don't see WMV and QT listed
> in the mplayer plugin.  (I see other codecs listed)
>
> What am I doing wrong?  Does mplayer looks for the codecs in a special
> place?

Your problem description is vague and incomplete at best, there are no clues
as to what might be wrong, so it's difficult to help.

Moreover, this has nothing to do with MPlayer, only with mplayerplug-in.
This is not the list to discuss mplayerplug-in.

Additionally, you replied to unrelated message in another thread instead
of starting a new one. This annoys some people, including me.

Please stay on topic and follow the posting rules.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/
There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression