[MPlayer-users] Minor feature request: Option not to exit on EOF

Alexander Roalter roalter at cs.tum.edu
Sat Mar 18 20:35:24 CET 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 20:29 +0100, Alexander Roalter wrote:
> It is definitely a separate plugin neither included in 1.0pre7 nor in
> current CVS, and handling these modules is something I've never
> attempted before, so I don't know how difficult it will be.

I know it is stupid replying on one's own postings, but there we have it
(from GMANE search at the mailing list, 1st result):

From: Ivo <ivop <at> euronet.nl>
Subject: Re: Pitch change audio filters for MPlayer/mencoder
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user
Date: 2005-09-12 23:36:29 GMT (26 weeks, 4 days, 19 hours and 53 minutes
ago)

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 01:04, fAX k.root wrote:
> Does anybody knows about filters for changing a pitch of an audio on the
> fly?
[..]
> Can somebody point me, what I have to do to get it, if such filters
> exist in MPlayer world?

Install:

http://tap-plugins.sourceforge.net/ladspa/pitch.html

Set your LADSPA_PATH variable correctly and use:

mplayer -speed 1.5 -af ladspa=tap_pitch:tap_pitch:0:-33:-90:0 foobar.avi
or
mplayer -speed 2.0 -af ladspa=tap_pitch:tap_pitch:0:-50:-90:0 foobar.avi
etc...

--Ivo

now I hope *this* helps

Alex