[MPlayer-users] Re: [Icecast] VGA Capture

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Mar 17 03:56:02 CET 2006

Adam,

First the disclaimer: I am new at this, and so I may not have 100% understanding
of terms like svhs or composite.

That said, You are close, but svhs or composite isn't 1024x768 - it is 640x480
or whatever this chart says: http://www.geocities.com/cplarosa/video/vidres.htm

I am not targeting any TV display - my target is other computers running
win/mac/linux/whatever that can decompress streaming video and display it on a
full blown monitor.  (I haven't figured out how much bandwidth someone will need
for this.)

follow?

Carl