[MPlayer-users] Audio capture

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 19:53:33 CET 2006

My TV card has video capture only so I need to capture audio from the
sound card. Is -tv alsa the only way of doing this? I can't get it to
work. After a lot of fiddling with alsamixer I got results from arecord,
but mplayer/mencoder still reports "No audio". There also seem to be no
options in mplayer for setting sample rate and format. Would I have to
set up an alias in .asoundrc to be able to control that?

I'm about to resort to running arecord and mplayer/mencoder
simultaneously and syncing up the A/V manually afterwards...

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk