[MPlayer-users] Frame save

Phil Oleynik Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Sun Mar 12 09:45:38 CET 2006

The Wanderer wrote:

> Phil Oleynik wrote:
>
>> Hello all!
>>
>> Is there any way to save a frame that is displayed RIGHT NOW, to a
>> file with automatically selected filename? PNG, JPEG or XBM.
>

> I don't believe so, no. The last time that i remember something like
> this being discussed, the -vf screenshot filter was committed to allow
> capturing screenshots on the fly - but it captures,not the currently
> displayed frame, but the *next* frame. This is allegedly a result of
> architectural limitations, and would be difficult or impossible to work
> around.

May I ask about a feature? When mplayer is in framestep mode or paused,
is it possible for screenshot event not to make mplayer play video again?
Or, it will be good, if screenshot would cause framestep forward. Now if
mplayer paused, after the single screenshot video runs forward. I make
shots from tv-ripped video, and there most frames are blurred greatly by
movement. I would like to have a possibility to make some shots sequentially
on my choice.

Philipp