[MPlayer-users] Can somebody explain this? (and some trouble with mpeg muxer as well - i guess)

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Mar 12 01:39:28 CET 2006

Vijay Gill wrote:
> I don't know what the developers would like to know so I cannot provide much
> information in this mail.

I just looked back through the other messages in this thread, and I
don't see anywhere you provide a sample. Finding the date the problems
started will be very helpful to Nico, but without a reproducible test,
fixing the problem may not be doable.

You don't need to provide the whole file -- just enough to reproduce the
problem. Use dd to cut it to the smallest practical size and upload it
to some publicly accessible server.

Next, try to reduce your command line down to somethine more manageable.
Remove all the options you can that don't effect the problem. Make sure
you test with the small sample you uploaded. Or, you can do this step
before cutting a sample; it doesn't matter, as long as the command you
send has the right problem with the sample you upload.

Send an email to the list with the reduced command and the URL of where
you uploaded your sample.

-Corey