[MPlayer-users] H.264 decoder speed

Dietmar Hofer didi at a-t-s.at
Fri Mar 10 11:19:35 CET 2006

Hi all

I'm using mplayer to playback H.264 HDTV-streams which I recorded from a
german FTA-channel.
The video is 1080i (but progressive coded using the paff-feature).
When I playback this on a P4 (Prescott) 3.4, I get a CPU usage for decoding of
~370%. I didn't expect it to be playbacked smoothly, but 370% seems is a bit
much.
I compiled the latest CVS source version on SuSE 10 with gcc 4.0.2
Do you think that my build is bad or is it because the performace of the
current H.264 codec is not better at this time?

regards
didi